Thank you so much for the excellent work on my husband’s Camry. It is so rare these days that someone actually does what they say they are going to do…especially when it’s ASAP! I appreciate the beautiful job you did and that it was done so quickly…

Sherry Hill-Christy
View All

Insurance Claims

What you should know. What we’ll do to help

We’re an authorized repair center for all insurance companies. Make us your choice for insurance repairs and we’ll handle your claim, taking care of collision repairs quickly and satisfactorily.

The following frequently asked questions (FAQs) can help you be better prepared to handle an insurance claim.


How do I report an accident?

Call your insurance company. An agent will collect information regarding your accident, set up a claim file with a claim number as your reference and inform you of the amount of your deductible.

What happens when I’ve been hit by another vehicle?

Contact your insurance company in order to obtain a claim number. Also contact the insurance company for the driver of the vehicle who was at fault.

Can my insurance company specify which repair center I use?

No. Your automobile insurance company can offer the names of repair centers, but you are entitled to use any authorized repair center. For example, Hawley Auto Body & Paint is an authorized repair center for all insurance companies.

For information about your rights as an insurance company customer, check out the California Department of Insurance Web site – – or call 1-800-927-HELP.

Do I need to get more than one estimate?

No. Every professional collision-repair shop has a list of costs, which have been pre-approved by insurance companies. You are only responsible for your deductible.

Will you deal with my insurance company or do I have to?

We’ll take care of communicating with your insurance company claims office. We’ll prepare an accurate and detailed estimate, and send it directly to the claims office.

After reviewing our estimate, your insurance company will fax or e-mail us approval to begin repairs on your vehicle. Most insurance companies get back to us with their approval within 48 hours. At that time, we will contact you for your consent to proceed with the repair.

What if you find additional damage to my vehicle after you’ve started repairs?

If that happens, we will bill your insurance company for the additional costs. You won’t have to pay more than your deductible. If your insurance company has questions, it will deal with us directly.



Do I have to pay you the full amount and then get reimbursed by my insurance company?

No. You will pay us only the amount of your deductible when you pick up your repaired vehicle. At that time, we’ll ask you to sign a form, called Direction to Pay, which authorizes the insurance company to pay us directly. We’ll bill the insurance company for the remaining balance due.

If an insurance company is involved, can I still get a warranty on the repair work?

Of course. We warrant our work against any defect in workmanship for as long as you own your vehicle.

Do I have to do anything with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)?

You must report any accident to the DMV within 10 days if:

Whether you caused the accident or were the victim, you must report the accident to the DMV, even if it occurred on private property.

Each driver is responsible for submitting a form, called Report of Traffic Accident Occurring in California (SR1). The California Highway Patrol won’t do this for you, nor will the police. If you don’t submit this form, your driving privilege could be suspended for up to four years.

SR1 forms are available online at or by calling (800) 777-0133. Mail your completed form to: Department of Motor Vehicles, Attn: Financial Responsibility Department, Mail Station J237, P.O. Box 942884, Sacramento, CA 94284-0884.